1. ExerciseIt can be as simple as stepping off a stop before your usual on your way to work and walk the rest of the way.
This is beneficial because regular exercise reduces your stress hormones and releases endorphins.
2. Eat rightA balanced diet is the best defence against helping our bodies counter the physiological changes caused by stress.
3. Burn a candleAromatherapy has been used for hundreds of years and can help lower anxiety and stress through the power of essential oils.
4. Reduce caffeine consumptionAlthough the effects of caffeine on the body varies from person to person, it is a stimulant, so if you find you are feeling anxious and jittery after a cup o'coffee look into cutting down or replacing it with decaffeinated coffee.
5. Create a to-do listCreating a list is one of the most simple ways to prioritize and make sure you are having a productive day. Once you start to get the hang of following your list maybe start to set deadlines to increase productivity.
6. Stop and breatheDeep and controlled breaths can help activate your parasympathetic nervous system, which controls the relaxation response, this can help you feel more relaxed and present in the most simple way.
7. Think positive
"It's easy to spot a yellow car when you are thinking of a yellow car,
Easy to spot an opportunity when you are looking for an opportunity.
Easy to spot reasons to be angry when you are always thinking of being angry.
You become what you constantly think about"
Surround yourself with positive empowering quotes and your achievements, let them remind you of the great outcomes of your hard work and positive mindset.
It can be easy to sometimes let ourselves get overwhelmed but we want you to use these simple tips to help you re-balance your life, whether it be at home, out shopping or in your workplace. Taking a step back can make the challenging - easy again.